30 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Words/Topics That Will Make Me Pick Up a Book

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish Every week focuses on a different topic and you make a top ten list from it. This week: My Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make Me Pick Up a Book

This list was harder than I thought it would be...it's not something I really think about. Probably because it's not the words that provoke me to pick up a book, but a feeling.

1. Ancient Rome
I used to want to be a historian for Roman history, but went in another direction. Doesn't mean I'm not still obsessed with ancient Rome.

2. Swords
I love them (Yes, that's me).
The best way to clean up after a party.
"Die, streamers!"

3. Zombies!
Editors and agents may be tiring of zombies, but I don't think I will. So they should still publish them.

4. London
I'll take any place in the UK, really. I'm a huge anglophile.


5. Secrets
I love people with secrets, but I love towns with secrets even more.

6. Magic

7. Quarantine

8. Elite/Rich
I'm always interested in that kind of world and where it can lead someone. I especially enjoy when a person who is poor gets mixed up with a wealthy group. Cliche idea? Yes, it sure is.

What's your top ten?

5 comments :

  1. Ooh, I didn't include 'Elite/Rich' on my list, but I do like reading about the rich in historical fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zombies, but have yet to find a really good zombie book…any recs?


    My Top Ten


    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had more room, I would totally have added Elite/Rich. It's so fascinating to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thebusybibliophileMay 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM

    I also chose zombies! May the zombie stories be forever forthcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The UK was one of mine too! It's such a cool country!
    Check out my TTT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting! I always appreciate and read each one! I also try to reply to each one, but I'm really bad at this, so I apologize in advance for one (or any) I may miss. Please note, I love all of my commenters. In fact, it may be more like "in love." Comment at your own risk.