03 April 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books To Read In A Day

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish Every week focuses on a different topic and you make a top ten list from it! This week: My Top Ten Books To Read In A Day


I think I'm a pretty fast reader, so my judgment may be off with some of these titles. I tried to pick some of my favorite shorter books with less than three hundred pages or a little more (minus Harry Potter, ha!).

I bought this book (it was actually the one w/ books 1 and 2 in it) and finished both on a flight to London with time to spare. Amazing and addicting series. In fact, I bought and read the rest of the series while I was there...

2. Deadly Little Secret (Touch #1) by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Quick enjoyable read. I like the series, though I think it's been running a bit too long.

First, this is the original cover (which I own). Second, it is now released with the first three books in one. This is also the second in the series, but it's my favorite and you don't have to read the first one to get it. LOVE.

4. Harry Potter (any of them!) by J.K. Rowling
If you get into this series, you really get into it. I think most Harry Potter fans will say they finished any number of them in a day.

5. Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I read this one in an evening. You won't be able to put it down. You'll have to know what happens between Katy and Daemon!

6. The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray by Chris Wooding
Again, I read this in an evening. It is different from a lot of things I've read and I found it fascinating and well-written.

7. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Loved it. I had to know what happened and couldn't put it down until I found out.

8. Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde
This is still one of my favorite vampire stories. Not your usual formula and it's pre-Twilight. A quick and suspenseful read!

9. Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster
If you're ever looking for a quick sci-fi read, pick this one up. I don't think it's the best in the genre, but it's worth a read.

10. Lost & Found by Shaun Tan
You may have not heard of Shaun Tan before. It's probably because he writes mature picture books. This is one of those "mature picture books." It's got three previously out-of-print stories in it and they are wonderful. I just had to pimp Shaun Tan. Also check out Tales From Outer Suburbia.

What books would you read in a day?

4 comments :

  1. I loved the Body Finder and I can't wait for The Last Echo, so excited for that one.
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-10-tuesdays-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree re: Harry Potter, there's something wonderful about immersing yourself in that world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Harry Potter already. That was such a fantastic world Rowling created.
    I've heard great things about Obsidian. I'll have to go out & grab a copy soon!

    Thanks for the great list!

    Our Top Ten!

    -Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic list! Here's my Top Ten. Would love for you to stop by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting! I always appreciate and read each one! I also try to reply to each one, but I'm really bad at this, so I apologize in advance for one (or any) I may miss. Please note, I love all of my commenters. In fact, it may be more like "in love." Comment at your own risk.