06 March 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: My Favorite Covers of 2012 (except 1)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish Every week focuses on a different topic and you make a top ten list from it! This week: My Top Ten Favorite Covers of 2012 (except 1)
1. Enna Burning by Shannon Hale: This is the one not from 2012. I had to put it on here because it is my favorite cover of all time. Alison Jay is one of my favorite illustrators. It's sad that they changed the covers of the Bayern series. I'm lucky I bought the first three when they still had these illustrated covers.

2. Wonder Show by Hannah Barnaby: You'll realize by the end of this list I have a love for illustrated covers and think more should have them.



3. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows: It's a girl in a mask! A pretty mask! I'm not a fan of using the faces and full body shots of models, but this one is gorgeous.


4. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman: I think this cover is gorgeous.


5. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: This cover was released recently and I instantly fell in love. This is a cover that should always be faced out on a shelf.


6. Cross My Heart by Sasha Gould: Another mask! Weeee!! Love the colors in the cover. And I want that mask so badly.


7. Blood Red Road (paperback) by Moira Young: The paperback came out in January so it counts...I like it because, like its hardcover friend, it's an ambiguous cover so I can sell it to boys. I like the shadow of the girl and the colors are great too.


8. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund: Look at the shiny! I love shiny.


9. Timepiece by Myra McEntire: I wasn't the biggest fan of the first book, but they are definitely getting it right with these covers. Love it.


10. The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long: Remember my earlier comment about my dislike of covers that use the full body and face of a model? Yea, this one breaks all the rules but I can't help loving it.

What are your favorite covers??

5 comments :

  1. Aren't Shadow and Bone and The Treachery of Beautiful Things some of the best FREAKING covers EVER?!? I totally think so. They're just so beautiful..

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Incarnate on my list, too! And I just love this cover for Seraphina. :) We need more dragon books. Your covers are just beautiful, and I really do love the illustrated cover of Enna Burning. It's always sad when the publishers choose to change a cover for some reason or another. Thank you for sharing!

    ~DJL
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't seen all of these covers before. so pretty! i love the shadow and bone cover and cannot wait for it to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the Seraphina cover is GORGEOUS...Fantastic list.

    http://ajarndtbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful. I am just finishing up Cross My Heart and it is a remarkable read.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting! I always appreciate and read each one! I also try to reply to each one, but I'm really bad at this, so I apologize in advance for one (or any) I may miss. Please note, I love all of my commenters. In fact, it may be more like "in love." Comment at your own risk.