14 February 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Broke Your Heart a Little

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish Every week focuses on a different topic and you make a top ten list from it! This week: Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart a Little

I'm sure there are more than what I've listed (I could only come up with six right now). These are books that broke my heart, but I decided to keep this list strictly to "sadness caused by relationships" in honor of Valentine's Day.

Till Death Do Us Part by Lurlene McDaniel: Am I the only one who read Lurlene growing up? All of her books broke my heart, but this one and its companion stayed with me. Don't Die My Love was really good too...this whole list could be Lurlene McDaniel...

The Fury (The Vampire Dairies #3) by L.J. Smith: Smith took a big chance with the ending of this book. She's lucky it worked out.

My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers #3) by Rachel Vincent: I never take books back after reading them, but I guiltily admit to removing this from my shelf and doing just that because I was not happy with the ending. I'm okay with the series now (more than happy actually!!).

Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson: Uh, duh.

Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires #4) by Chloe Neill: I. WAS. HEARTBROKEN. The end.

Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy: This book broke my heart, not a little, but A LOT. Does it still qualify? ;)

2 comments :

  1. I read Lurlene McDaniel all of the time in elementary school. I always cried, that woman sure knows how to write a sad story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't read any of these books except for bridge to terabithia, which is just so sad. and i've never read any lurlene mcdaniel books but i'll have to look her up now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting! I always appreciate and read each one! I also try to reply to each one, but I'm really bad at this, so I apologize in advance for one (or any) I may miss. Please note, I love all of my commenters. In fact, it may be more like "in love." Comment at your own risk.