04 January 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine which asks what book we're most looking forward to.

The Fear (The Enemy #3) by Charlie Higson
Publication date: June 12, 2012
Publisher: Hyperion
HE DOESN’T KNOW IT BUT DOG NUT IS ABOUT TO SET OFF A CHAIN OF EVENTS THAT WILL AFFECT EVERY KID IN THE CITY. The sickness struck everyone over the age of *sixteen. Mothers and fathers, older brothers, sisters and best friends. No one escaped its touch. And now children across London are being hunted by ferocious grown-ups . . .They’re hungry. They’re bloodthirsty. And they aren’t giving up. DogNut and the rest of his crew want to find their lost friends, and set off on a deadly mission from the Tower of London to Buckingham Palace and beyond, as the sickos lie in wait. But who are their friends and who is the enemy in this changed world?

I love zombie books and I adore this series. It's full of action, suspense, and it's terrifying. SO EXCITING!! Check out the first two if you can before this one is released. And yes, a character's name is really DogNut. I'll be reviewing the second one soon. Here's my review of the first one: The Enemy. It's one of my early reviews when I was beginning to get the hang of blogging (and I still am, actually).

*The Goodreads synopsis says "fourteen" but it's actually sixteen so I changed it here.

4 comments :

  1. I haven't heard of this book. It sounds quite interesting! Great pick! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. first time seeing this book! looks good! looking out for this one ;)

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not aware of this series but this sounds like an exciting book. Great pick! I will have to check this out sometime. :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprisingly i haven't heard of this one but it looks really good! Can't wait to pick it up :)

    Happy Holidays!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit
    International 300 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting! I always appreciate and read each one! I also try to reply to each one, but I'm really bad at this, so I apologize in advance for one (or any) I may miss. Please note, I love all of my commenters. In fact, it may be more like "in love." Comment at your own risk.