22 November 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors I'd Love To Have At My Thanksgiving Feast


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week focuses on a different topic and you make a top ten list from it! This week: Top Ten Authors I'd Love To Have At My Thanksgiving Feast

First of all, I will never host my own Thanksgiving feast (or so I tell myself now). I vow to always go over to someone else's, preferably someone I know. But if I ever did and could have authors attend, I made a list of who I would invite. The rules didn't state that they had to be alive, so I put some dead people on there. I'm pretending they would be alive when they come over because dead guests would be creepy.

The following list is not ranked:

1. Thomas Hardy: I. Love. Thomas. Hardy. He is one of my favorite authors, so of course he would be invited. I don't care if he was the most boring guest ever. He's coming.

2. Maureen Johnson: Speaking of boring guests, Maureen Johnson is not. I follow her on twitter and I imagine her to be the life of a party. I could probably only invite her and it would seem like I had a room full of guests. That's not an insult. ;)

3. John Green: He is a fabulous writer and deserves to be invited to every party. Plus he's a cutie and you always need one of those in attendance.

4. Oliver Jeffers: He's Irish. And awesome.

5. Lane Smith: He's my picture book husband so he'd have to be invited.

6. Tennessee Williams: Tennessee Williams is my dead gay husband. I love his work so much it hurts.

7. Laini Taylor: I met her and she was a blast to talk to. One of the nicest authors. Of course I would want her at my dinner.

8. L.J. Smith: I need to meet this woman. I have been reading her books since I was 13 and still love them. I love that she's becoming more popular and well-known now.

9. Tahereh Mafi: I have this weird thing where I like to laugh and Tahereh's tweets ALWAYS make me laugh. I'm going to assume she's not boring in real life.

10. William Shakespeare: I think it would be embarrassing for the host who didn't invite him.

9 comments :

  1. Oh I was SO going to add Tahereh Mafi to my list as well because she is hilarious! It's a shame we could only choose 10! haha I could have gone on and on!

    Here's mine.. http://booknerdreviews.com/2011/11/top-ten-tuesday-5/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tahereh definitely! I would like to talk all about the next book!

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Laini Taylor too - I can't wait that long to find out what happens after Daughter of Smoke & Bone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share Shakespeare. :)
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Your Tennessee comment is so funny! He'd definitely be an interesting addition to any turkey day feast!
    Have a great Tuesday!
    http://butterybooks.com/?p=44634

    ReplyDelete
  6. God I totally forgot about Shakespeare :/ But then again I've put almost all YA authors, it would have been a bit weird with Shakespeare in the middle :D Nice pick!

    nea barabea
    [My Life Is a Fairytale That Will Never End.]

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE Maureen Johnson...SO fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maureen would definitely be the life of the party! She's so hilarious on Twitter :)

    Great top ten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I managed to forget Tennessee Williams, I am such a fan! I haven't actually read L.J. Smith's books, but I feel like I should hug her for creating The Vampire Diaries, because that show rocks my socks :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting! I always appreciate and read each one! I also try to reply to each one, but I'm really bad at this, so I apologize in advance for one (or any) I may miss. Please note, I love all of my commenters. In fact, it may be more like "in love." Comment at your own risk.