26 October 2011

Review: Heist Society

When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre…to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria…to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving “the life” for a normal life proves harder than she’d expected.

Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring Kat back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has a good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.

For Kat, there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family's history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.

I'm a little late joining the Ally Carter party, so please forgive me as I would like to one day be inducted into the Gallagher Girl club. All I ask for is more reading time! Heist Society is the first book I have read by Carter and I found it to be a fun and enjoyable read! It's almost like the author is tapped into what teen girls want and then gives it to them. Weeeird. Most importantly, I now know how to steal priceless paintings from high security museums. I just need to put together a great team. Let's see, I've got me, my two cats (wow, I'm already a "lonely" lady with cats) and, um, maybe the next guy who picks my pocket? He has to be cute though. I don't want no ugly people working with me.

I feel like it's impossible for anyone to hate the characters in Heist Society except for the ones you're supposed to hate. Loved Kat and Hale and the whole crew. I like Kat's and Hale's "will they or won't they" romance. Though I think the question is more of a WHEN. I love it. Heist Society is a great breezy book and I love all of its wit and quirk. It's sort of like a younger version of Ocean's Eleven and I love that movie. Why isn't this book a movie? Just let me know and I will write it for you. For seriousness.

So if you're looking for a good time...it's in most libraries and has been released in paperback, no excuses. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank-you for commenting! I always appreciate and read each one! I also try to reply to each one, but I'm really bad at this, so I apologize in advance for one (or any) I may miss. Please note, I love all of my commenters. In fact, it may be more like "in love." Comment at your own risk.