01 October 2011

Review: Legacy

Synopsis by Goodreads:

When her widowed father dumps 16-year-old Katy Jessevar in a boarding school in Whitfield, Massachusetts, she has no idea that fate has just opened the door to both her future and her past. Nearly everyone in Whitfield is a witch, as is Katy herself, although she has struggled all her life to hide her unusual talents. Stuck at a boarding school where her fellow studens seem to despise her, Katy soon discovers that Whitfield is the place where her mother commited suicide under mysterious circumstances when Katy was just a small child. With dark forces converging on Whitfield, it’s up to Katy to unravel her family’s many secrets to save the boy she loves and the town itself from destruction.

I've decided to stop summarizing the books I review. Why do it when someone else can do it for me (and better!)?

It's been forever, literally forever, since I've been able to read a book that wasn't for my English class. Now that my thesis is out of the way, I got to read something I wanted to! Yayness. My first choice? Legacy by Molly Cochran.

Once I started Legacy, I couldn't put it down. I thought it was a bit predictable at times, or at least it was for me because I'm the smartest person in the world, but I didn't care in the least. The humor is dry just the way I like it (from now on I'm calling "world peace" "world peach"), I loved the characters, and the suspense was...suspenseful! I also found it to be darker than I was expecting, which to me, I thoroughly fancy because my heart is made of darkness. Oh, and it has one of those awesome epic romances that are so epic they'll only ever exist in your mind. It was awesome. I want a Peter.

All in all, it was an enjoyable book that entertained me all the way through!

RELEASE DATE: December 20, 2011

4 comments :

  1. I have a love/hate relationship with your future release reviews. I love that I get to hear about awesome books. I hate that I have to wait to read them! And that I don't have a roommate with special bookstore access powers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That's why I try to review a future release every other book (though sometimes I fail because it depends on what I'm in the mood to read) and I try to review something that's coming out sooner rather than later (I can fail at this too). Thanks for still reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got this one sitting on my ereader, but I've been on the fence about starting it. I like that it's got dry humor and some darkness to it. Also, you are hilarious, "at least it was for me because I'm the smartest person in the world" haha. I think I might have to start this one next, thanks for sharing your thoughts :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know what you think! I liked it. It is a book that didn't change my life (most YA books don't), but entertained me so it did its job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting! I always appreciate and read each one! I also try to reply to each one, but I'm really bad at this, so I apologize in advance for one (or any) I may miss. Please note, I love all of my commenters. In fact, it may be more like "in love." Comment at your own risk.